pairings

Whenever I stop in at the local Goodwill, I like to poke around looking at the cookbooks, which are on the shelves labeled SELF HELP.  But my favorite bookstores and the Goodwill with the finest selection of books are in Port Towsend, Washington.  Last month when I was puttering around up there, I took a few pictures.






Serial killers and classical education.  Naturally.  (From Corwell's Amazon page: "She won an investigative reporting award from the North Carolina Press Association for a series of articles on prostitution and crime in downtown Charlotte.")  Turns out Patricia Cornwell and Susan Wise Bauer, well known in the homeschool community, live in the same rural area of I-forget-where.  Virginia?  I think so.  These were from the Goodwill.
This one is from a small bookstore where I have in the last year and a half twice found a Bruce Chatwin novel, Utz, in the children's literature section and moved it two shelves over to where it belongs.  I've been reading lots of books about economics (I know, right?!) so scroogenomics caught my eye, and, then, obviously, it's perfectly logical to set out knife throwing right next to it there on the glass case holding the rare and vintage books.  

And, finally, bass fishing, Spinoza, and Faulkner.  

Comments

  1. I'm reminded of the time I found the book Sister Bernadette's Barking Dog in the pet book section of our local Goodwill. I guess that they could have put it in with the religious books!

    Regards,
    Kareni

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts