hidden treasure

Several winters ago I was in Rocky Hill, Connecticut, staying with my sister during the week that she underwent a major surgery.  

(It was a little stressful.  I remember the doctor saying, "It took a LOT to get her under. The anesthesiologist hasn't ever seen anyone with her tolerance. Wow, he was impressed!")

During some quiet time, my brother and I stopped at a Goodwill while we were poking around some stores, taking our time running errands, needing a break from the noise and chaos of the hospital.  

I was milling about, looking for treasures, when I saw this little curiosity tucked in among the housewares and kitchen items:

A beautiful, well-dressed woman saw the item at about the same moment I did.  

"Is that what I think it is?!" I asked her.

She shook her head and looked at me apprehensively, and then, as I approached it, gasped, "Don't touch it! Oh, honey!  I can't look!"

"Holy smokes!  Look!  I think it might be Jesus hiding in there!"

She shook her head again. "That's just not right," she said, chuckling. "That is just. not. right."

Naturally, I bought it.  A steal, at 99 cents.

Comments

Popular Posts